On Nov 14, 2004, at 7:04 PM, Dan Brian wrote:

I'll add to your list (of potential confusion) that $r->args may not produce the expected results, and not just because of the change away from array context described at:

<http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/ compat.html#C__r_E_gt_args__in_an_Array_Context>

Although Apache::Request inherits methods from Apache::RequestRec, args() is one place where there is function overlap: Apache::Request->args() returns an Apache::Request::Table object, while Apache::RequestRec->args() returns the unparsed query string.

Gee... Thanks...

This is a lot to digest.

I think I may have extended use of deprecated features, and I'm not averse to refactoring the code

Apache::Compat, apparently is slow
CGI.pm, if i remember, was awkward and also slow

ugh

I think i need a drink