Hello,
Sorry about the imprecision...
The reason why I forgot to send the error log is that there's absolutely nothing in the error log - not a single line even with a LogLevel set to debug.

The only feedback I get is the standard Microsoft error dialog that says:

"Apache HTTP server has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

and proposes to send Microsoft a bug report.

Then I get the Apache Monitor Error Dialog with this message:

"The requested operation has failed"

Note that 2 files are attached to the Microsoft bug report: - Apache.exe.mdmp - binary (144KB) - appcompat.txt - textual - (22KB)

Are these files of any help to you?

One important information that could help:
I'm running windows Xp professionnal

Sorry about the few information, but I've nothing more.
Best regards
Thierry

Stas Bekman wrote:
Thierry Valentin wrote:

Hello,
I'm currently using the following configuration:

- Perl 5.8.4.810 from Activestate
- Apache 2.0.52 installed from the MSI package
- mod_perl 1.99_17 installed with ppm from http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca

All these 3 packages are frehsly installed and I did no other additions.

After configuring mod_perl in http.conf I tried the following:

- preload Win32::OLE with a 'use Win32::OLE' in the mod_perl startup script:
=> Apache2 refuses to start.

- preload Win32::OLE with a PerlModule Win32::OLE' directive in http.conf:
=> Apache2 still refuses to start

What's strange is that CGI scripts that use Win32::OLE under mod_perl in an identical server configuration run successfully!

What did I miss?

The exact error messsage?