Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
then user/password will promt user/password for the first time accessing the page even though user logined, am i right? Do i need a samba server in apache which use the AuthenNTLM. And how do i know the the user/usernthash is right between the apache and PDC? Since my problem is whatever i enter in the user/password prompt, it always says wrong password(rc=3).

thanks,

william

Shannon Eric Peevey wrote:

william lai wrote:

*Hi speeves,
  i'm trying Apache::AuthenNTLM 2.07 modules with a
NT PDC, mod_perl-1.19_12, Apache/2.0.51., After

Hi!

Just a note, the newest version of mod_perl is 1.99_17, and Apache 2.0.51 had a security hole that is fixed in 2.0.52. (Though I have been seeing a mention of a new vulnerability in 2.0.52 on bugtraq, though haven't seen it confirmed yet).

configuration, i browsers the page that protect by AuthenNTLM and it prompt me for password/user, however it always said the user/passwordis wrong.
is it true that NTLM don't need to enter password/user when user login in the domain?
**and i also set keepalive= on in httpd.conf. I have
searched for a week why it prompt me for password/user, but
stil can't solve.
*

If I am understanding this correctly, AuthenNTLM doesn't check for existing credentials from IE. It simply checks a local cache to see if the user already has a session, then throws a 401 Unauthorized if a cached session is not found.
thanks,