On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Randy Kobes wrote:
> I see the same problem when trying to use Win32::OLE in a startup
> script (with no error messages recorded - just a popup box saying that
> Apache encountered a problem when trying to start). This will require
> some debugging, but just to confirm - if you take out Win32::OLE from
> your startup script, but use it in a location handled by
> ModPerl::Registry, are there any problems?

I did not follow this thread, but want to remind you all that Win32::OLE
is not multi-thread safe.  You can call OLE methods only on the thread
that initialized Win32::OLE, and you should not spawn additional threads
from a Perl interpreter once you have initialized Win32::OLE in that thread.

Cheers,
-Jan