Sorry Alex, I hit a wrong button in my previous response.

It looks like your script is a CGI script that sends own CGI
Content-Type. In order to use Apache::Filter chain you need to make your
script Apache::Filter compatible. It might be as simple as to comment
the print of Content-Type in your script, or might be much more
complicated if you generate some other headers as well... Alternatively,
you can configure Apache::Dynagzip to serve your script as a CGI
application (with no Apache::Filter involved). It should be in Dynagzip
documentation provided with the module in distribution.

Hope this helps,
Slava