Also, there is an Apache::Request version 2. It's not on CPAN, but
you can get it and the documentation here:

http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/

Realy it is not on CPAN?

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=libapreq2&mode=dist

I too find it with that link, however it's an older version. If you
go to:

 http://search.cpan.org/~joesuf/libapreq2-2.04_03-dev/

You get the version for mp2. I'm going to try and find out who takes
care of http://http.apache.org/apreq/ as the instructions for
installing from CPAN (perl -MCPAN -e "install libapreq") do not
work.

I stand corrected.

However, as Frank points out, doing an "install Apache::Request" from the CPAN shell does not get you version 2. This behavior is proper, but a note that there is a version 2 would be nice. Also, going to search.cpan.org and searching for "Apache::Request" gives you version 2 on the third screen which is somewhat counterintuitive.

If you know a version 2 exists, you can find it. Though, I don't know now where I found it a couple of months back. I know I didn't find it on CPAN. I thought I found it on the libapreq page noted above, but now I can't.

Note that there is a link on the page to the Subversion repositories for libapreq2, which I just noticed. Based on comments Joe Shaeffer made on this list recently, the svn version is probably the best to use because it fixes an Apache::Cookie bug.

Finally, a sincere thank you to Joe Shaeffer and all who have contributed to libapreq2. We've had it in production use for the past 10 days, and all is going smoothly!

Take care,

Kurt Hansen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]