On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 17:48 -0600, Richard N. Fogle wrote:
> We were thinking of using SQLRelay as a connection pool and
> concentrator, thinking it would be less expensive to wrap a
> connection/cursor through a unix socket into a pool vs. throwing all
> this at a remote server.  Does that sound off-base in anyone's
> opinion?

I don't know anyone who has used SQLRelay, so I couldn't say if it works
or not.  If it does, please report back to us.

However, this really sounds like side-stepping the problem.  If you
aren't using Apache::DBI, your connections should not be persistent.
You should really turn on DBI tracing and/or do some more debugging to
find out what is going wrong in your code.

- Perrin