I have recently switched to using ActiveState perl on my production Solaris box as well as on my
Windows machine for several reasons, including the fact that it's considerably easier to get PPM
working under ActiveState.

However a big disappointment when I went looking for modules was the sorry state of
Apache::* modules under ActiveState's PPM.

Take a look at http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.8.html and you will see a sea of red
for almost all the Apache modules. This is a real shame because there are some fundamental
building-block modules, like all the ApacheAuth* and most of the session modules down here as
broken.

I don't have a handle on the Apache/Perl structure at the moment, but I would expect there to be a
couple of critical functions or interfaces at the root of this. Crack those and half the list changes to
"available". Dan mentioned libapreq2. Is this one of those critical dependencies?

Regards: Colin

In preparation for the upcoming release of mod_perl2, I'd like to prepare a list of reasons why a person/company would look at using mod_perl2, specifically, why upgrade from mod_perl1, and converting from other technologies. So with that, what reasons do you have for wanting MP2? What prevented you from upgrading before?
What key features are most interesting for you?
How will this help your company?