Hi,
I wish to express my sincere gratitude over the public release of Practical mod_perl book.
It will definitely provide in-depth insight into this technology whose development I have been following
over the past four three years and yet cannot seem to tie the pieces together. I am very much a one man
of open source persuasion operating in an otherwise proprietary environment. My main challenge is
to bridge the gap between open source and proprietary systems and I find real allies in Perl and Apache
and their derivatives in doing that.

My institution is in the process of evaluating open source software for online student administration systems
which will include viewing transcripts online as well as online payment of fees. To my mind, modperl can be
used to do these as was indicated by some of the replies I received to my previous posting on this list enquiring on modperl-based student systems. Other languages were also suggested as potential candidates.

Good books are hard to acquire readily from this part of the world and so the availability of this
resource online is an asset to me.

Thank you,

Alfred,

Stas Bekman wrote:

Hi,

The complete "Practical mod_perl" book [1] is now available online under the terms of the CreativeCommons [2] "Attribution Share-Alike License" [3].

Attribution: The licensor permits others to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work. In return, licensees must give the original author credit.

Share Alike: The licensor permits others to distribute derivative works only under a license identical to the one that governs the licensor's work.

Thanks to all who have purchased our book so far. You can still get the printed version from your favorite book store and it will certainly make a nice "light" XMas present (hint, hint :).

[1] http://modperlbook.org/
[2] http://creativecommons.org/
[3] http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

Eric Cholet and Stas Bekman

p.s. I've just put things together quickly, so if you find some problems please let me know. I know the HTML is a bit broken, but it'll be fixed soon. We also need to fix the copyright notices in the HTML version of the book.

-- Alfred Vahau Information Technology Services University of Papua New Guinea PO Box 320 University PO NCD 134 Papua New Guinea Ph. (675) 3267277 Fax. (675) 3267187 Mobile: (675) 6888926 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]