On Dec 28, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

David Wheeler wrote:

why Apache::TestMB? It should be ModPerl::MB when it'll appear, right?
Up to you. I used it as an example because I don't really understand how Apache::TestMM and ModPerl::MM interact.

Apache::TestMM is only needed only to add 'make test' and adjust 'make clean' targets.

Hrm. We'd have to take that into consideration when developing ModPerl::MB. I wonder if ModPerl::MM could simply inherit from Apache::TestMM (or vice versa)?

Well, we talk about ModPerl::MB, which will already be there if the modperl2 (version, let's say it's added in 1.99_20) is satisfied.

no problem then. Just do

  my $build = ModPerl::MB->new(...);

So, are you sure we should even start on that effort then? If things are not stable, I'd rather wait till they are stabilized.

They're stable; the debate was over another feature from EU::MM that wasn't ported (and won't be). But it's fresh in their minds, so it's a good time to ask.

Regards,

David