Malcolm,

Thanks, that looks helpful.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Malcolm J Harwood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:01 AM
To: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: A whole 'nother idea

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 11:57 am, Goehring, Chuck, RCI - San Diego wrote:
> Is it possible to write a program of some sort that can check a module to
> see if it may have problems if used with mp2?

Something like Apache::porting?
(http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/porting.html)

> If a script could grind through a set of perl directories and "predict"
> problem areas, then the general population could move more quickly to mp2.

That only works if you can test every execution path, as some things are
runtime resolved. If you've got tests written that's fine, if you haven't
it's a lot harder if possible at all.

> This would also assist identifying modules that need attention.

Ah, modules on CPAN all have complete test suites, right? ;-)

--
To be forgiven, we must first believe in sin
- 'Innocence Maintained' Jewel