William McKee wrote:
On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 07:00:36PM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:

I'm guessing that this goes for any libperl.so, e.g. libperl.so.5.6 or
libperl.so.5.8. If so then it would explain the weird behavior that I've
been getting when compiling mod_perl.

Normally in addition to libperl.so.5.8 there will be a symlink to libperl.so. Applications normally link against .so and not .so.x.y, so an upgrade of that library will be possible w/o requiring the compilation of the former.

Hmm, that's what I thought too and was creating a symlink from
/usr/lib/libperl.so to the newly created one. I was still getting
strange behavior though so moved them all out of /usr/lib. Seems a bit
better now.

If the application links against a specific libperl.so.x.y that would explain that behavior.