cfaust-dougot wrote:
Morning,
I'm having problems just getting MP2 to install.. I can build MP2,
make, make test make install with no errors at all, mod_perl.so is
built and is put into the proper modules directory and is called
correctly in the httpd.conf file - but its not installed, it doesn't
show up in the error log or installed modules or anything (it does show
in the error log in t/logs/error_log).

Apache still runs fine and no errors are produced even though things
like "PerlModule ModPerl::Registry" are in the conf.

That means only one thing: your httpd.conf is broken. Start with a hello world config from the documentation, see it working and then proceed to ensure that your own stuff is configured to run modperl.