Is there a different way to CPAN the newer version?

Perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Apache' gets the 1.29 stuff.

Yes, Apache 2.0.46 on RHEL.

If I decide to go from source, I'm guessing I need to build a fresh
Apache RPM, or at least have the source handy for the mod_perl build.
For the mod_perl side, does the tarball include a way to build an RPM or
is there somewhere else I should check?

By the way, thanks all for the assistance.