On Feb 15 Thomas Lochmatter wrote:

> Under mod_perl 1, I used the following simple debugging
> framework:
>  1. apache calls DebugClient
>  2. DebugClient connects to DebugServer (Unix socket)
>  3. DebugServer calls the request handler with a fake
> Apache object (Apache::FakeRequest) and returns the
> response to the DebugClient
>
> If an error occured, the DebugClient displayed the error instead of the
> response. When a source file changed, the DebugServer did the necessary
> preprocessing of the file and restarted itself.
>
> This way, I could easily debug my request handler. When I modified a
> file and rerun the request, I either saw the new response or a nicely
> displayed error message. I did not have to restart the apache webserver
> or look for the error in the log files.
>
> Does a similar framework exist in mod_perl 2? I have heard about
> Apache::Test. Is this a solution?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

I'm transitioning to developing using Apache::Test and like it.  It's a
different style of developing.

Have you looked at the apache test docs?

http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html

Stealing tests from other projects is often suggested.  The mod perl 2
test suite is a good place to look.

Can anyone suggest any other Apache modules that might have a rich testing
suite from which to steal testing ideas?

Also, a few weeks ago Stas mentioned an Apache::Test mailing list,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  I joined that list and tried to post a
question, but it didn't post.  Anyone know if that list is working?

I received automated requests and confirmation emails so I think I'm on
the test-dev list.

Regards,
Jim