> committed the first part of it (those who know what options to use don't
> need extra explanation, those who don't know won't find the extra
> explanation sufficient).

That's fine. The second part was more for my own edification.

> It's never the case. In the case of DSO it never happens. In the case of
> static build Apache server is built during 'make'.
> as you say above, it's not the case with DSO.

Yeah, that makes sense now. In the case of static mod_perl builds, is
there any reason to run make && make install while getting apache source
files ready? It seems like I could just do the configure part then let
mod_perl build the server from there.

> Why do you say so? It should work fine under root. If it doesn't, it
> should be fixed rather than documented. please follow the usual routine
> as explained here: http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

This was my experience and I faintly remembered you suggesting that
Apache::Test should not be run as root so surmised that that was my
problem. Right now, I do not have time to track down this error. If I
can repeat it at a later time, I will file a proper bug report.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.