From: Tom Schindl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 3/2/2005 7:51 AM
To: Goehring, Chuck, RCI - San Diego
Cc: Jain, Abhay K, ALABS; modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question about Files directive

        Goehring, Chuck, RCI - San Diego wrote:
        > Jain,
        >
        > If you are using mod_perl (Registry) and the bulk of the code can be
moved to module files, minimizing of parsing is automatic.  When the code is in
modules, only the "top level" script that creates & uses the objects gets
compiled each time - the ".pm" files are only parsed once.

        > Per the docs at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#files,
"The <Files> directive provides for access control by filename."  This
directive is not perl/mod_perl "aware" so is not what you are looking for.  By
"access control" they mean security.

        Since when is that the case. You can of course use the Files-directive
        to tell Apache that it should not use the default content handler but
        instead your own (e.g. mod_perl,mod_php,...)

        <Files ~ "\.fastperl">
             SetHandler perl-script
             PerlHandler My::FastModPerlModule
        </Files>

        With this directive in use every file ending in .fastperl will be
        handled by my custom-content handler instead of the default one.

        Tom