On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

> > What stopping you from applying them ?
> >
> > If the eol(end of line ^M) is wrong I can regenerate in on a
> > windows computer for you.
> >
> > > I hope mod_perl 1.999.22 rc5 will also work with the old Apache::DBI.
> > Nope not going to happen.
>
> I am not compiling Apache, perl and mod_perl under Windows
> but I use the prebuild packages. I have installed mod_perl
> using ppm, but Apache::DBI was not installed with it.
>
> I can compile Apache::DBI separately if it is necessary,
> but I have only Visual Studio .Net 2003 and I don't think
> it will work correctly because Apache and Perl were
> compiled with Visual Studio 6.

That's potentially true in general, but Apache-DBI is a pure
Perl module, so it doesn't need a C compiler to build.
If you want to play around with it, we have a ppm package
of Apache-DBI at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/ - you
can install it, and then try patching the .pm files
(either with a "patch" utility for Windows, or just
manually).

> I need mod_perl under Windows just for testing, so it
> doesn't need to work very fast. Can I use just the DBI
> module with mod_perl without using Apache::DBI? Under
> Windows it would be OK for a while.

Yes, DBI and mod_perl under Windows works fine.

--
best regards,
randy