Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

Jason Dixon wrote:

On Apr 22, 2005, at 2:46 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

Jason Dixon wrote:

I'm trying to install a non-root statically compiled Apache/mod_perl (1.x) on a test server. I've installed everything in my home directory, including Apache::Session, but libapreq is failing to recognize the mod_perl installation. Can someone tell me how to get libapreq installed for this scenario? Here's the failed attempt:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] libapreq-1.33]$ perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~/perl
mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 36.

One other question:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] libapreq-1.33]$ perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~/perl
What is your path.  I hope that perl is ~/perl/bin/perl
and not /usr/local/bin/perl or /usr/bin/perl. Unless you altered your path
or you aliased perl, thats likely picking the wrong one.

Basically make sure that command used the correct perl binary

--
END
Philip M. Gollucci