Grant wrote:
Hello, can you tell me anything else about getting those core dump
files?

Please read these: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/debug/c.html#Analyzing_Dumped_Core_Files

- Perrin

Ok.  Can you tell me how to be sure of which version of mod_perl I'm
running?  I had some installation trouble with 1.99.17 and I'd like to
be sure that's what I'm running before I dig into this.

Grant, have you read: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems (all the way to the end)?

When you run t/REPORT it will tell you (and us) almost everything we need to know.

Then you configure your system to dump core files, you get the core backtrace and you send it to us.

If you aren't sure if you had mod_perl messed up, wipe it all and reinstall from scratch.

Feel free to ask more questions if something is not clear, but please read the quoted above document first.

Thank you.