Hi guys,
thank you very much for helping out. :-)

John, I have installed the modules and the script runs when running it
as a CGI. What I don't know is if the driver has been installed for
mod_perl as I don't know how much mod_perls include paths differ from
regular perl. Could you tell me how I find out if its installed
correct for mod_perl?

David, thank you very much for your pointers and introduction. Right
now I prefer cgi-like approach, but I'll definately look into the
handlers later on.

Tom, what is a Registry-Script? I'm using mod_perl 2.0.1, Perl 5.8.7,
DBI 1.4.8 and DBD-mysql41 2.9008. What config would you like? I've put
the httpd.conf at http://www.ab.no/httpd.conf, the mod_perl part of it
being:

LoadModule perl_module libexec/apache2/mod_perl.so
PerlModule Apache2
PerlModule Apache::compat
<Files *.pl>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
  PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
</Files>

What is startup.pl and where should it be located? Adding that gives:
[error] Can't load Perl file: startup.pl for server www.ab.no:80, exiting...

Adding that PerlSwitches statement didn't solve the DBI problem.
Adding the line in C2 didn't either.

Cheers

   Nik