On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 14:15 -0400, Rodger Castle wrote:
> You know, I've been experiencing incremental growth my mod_perl2 httpd
> processes, but these are during operation.

That's normal.  As your processes handle requests they will use more
memory and grow.  Note that these are not memory leaks, since the memory
is actually being used by perl, not lost.

> Is there some trick about returning memory to the pool after a
> handler?

No.  Processes don't really return memory on most OSes.  That's why the
optimization tips emphasize not taking too much memory in the first
place, e.g. not slurping huge files into RAM.

- Perrin