Hi folks,

I found the available cookie methods a bit tricky to use (I think the blessed scalars or overloading were confusing me!), so I wrote a simple cookie interface to use in place of Apache2::Cookie. Most of the code is copied from that.

I haven't got time to CPAN-ify it at the mo, but there is some POD at the bottom and there are no licence conditions attached - I guess it should inherit the Apache2::Cookie license?

Its main feature is automatic use of MD5 hashes to protect the cookie from being modified by the user, so you can store things in it safely.

Grab it here:
http://www.versatilia.com/downloads/Validated.pm

and install it as Apache2/Cookie/Validated.pm somewhere in @INC.

cheers