Anton van Straaten wrote:
Carl Johnstone wrote:

I think a great first-place to start for advocacy is to work with the
various linux/bsd/*nix distributions out there to make sure that they
have a modern, compatible version of mod_perl 2.  As a user, I don't
want to maintain my own perl/mod_perl build tree - I want my distro to
do the right thing.  Perhaps a first-step in the advocacy movement is
to maintain a "distro compatibility list" for mod_perl 2 on
perl.apache.org, so that it's not such a black-art in determining
whether mod_perl/Apache::* packages are up-to-date or whether there are
timebombs waiting to ambush new users.

Sounds like a good idea, and if we point people in the right direction to
get updated versions/backports for their distro that might help with the
rest.
If people want to start emailing in what has what, I'll at least maintain the list until we figure out how best to use it and where to put it.

I can state FreeBSD as being at perl5.8.7/httpd2.0.54/mod_perl2.0.1 via ports
and packages.

--
END
                Nothing is impossible.

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 301.254.5198
Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
  http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
       http://www.liquidation.com
       http://www.uksurplus.com