On 9 Sep 2005, at 12:12, Perrin Harkins wrote:

HTML::Template (or HTML::Template::JIT, to compare C code to C code) has
a *very* limited set of logical operations (not Turing complete by any
stretch) that operates directly on Perl variables.  By comparison, XSP
will be making method calls to use the DOM tree and supports a very rich
programming language.  It does much more, and that's why I expect it to
be slower.  Not slow -- just slower.

Yes I know that's what you're saying. I'm just saying I'd be willing to bet it's the other way around (even when compared with HT::JIT).