On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 11:31 -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> It sounds like you're jumping to conclusions to me.  The cleanup handler
> does execute, even when the user presses stop, unless something
> catastrophic  is happening like an actual segfault.
>
> My guess would be that something is going wrong with your MySQL code in
> the cleanup handler.  I would put some debug information in there to see
> if the cleanup runs and see if it is trying to run the query.  You could
> also turn on tracing, or run it in the debugger.

This is the first thing I did.  The first line of my cleanup handler is:

print DBG scalar(localtime), " ", __PACKAGE__, "CleanupHanlder started
\n";

DBG is an already open auto-flushed file handle.  The AuthzHandler
prints to it, other invocations of cleanup handler print to it, and only
when user presses stop do we not ever the output from this line.

If it's segfaulting, wouldn't there be a log of this in apache's error
log?

BTW, this is mod_perl2.

--
Richard F. Rebel