Boysenberry Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to do the "make uninstall" approach below first before
> going
> through reinstalling perl and MP2.
> Before I do this I want to make sure I have the right syntax first.
> would I just type 'make uninstall' in the source directory for MP2 RC5?
> Or do I need to put together a script that will run
> 'ExtUtils::Install::uninstall(/path/to/.packlist)'
> Where /path/to.packlist is what?

        From what I gather, if you've never done a "make clean" in your
original source directory, "make uninstall" should do it. If not, on my
system, the .packlist files get stuck in /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/auto/...
and it looks like you can just do something like;

        cat /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7/auto/Devel/Cover/.packlist | xargs rm -vf

        But I'd try "make uninstall" first.

                - Tyler