Clinton Gormley wrote:
I have recently had a bit of exposure to Class:DBI and CGI::Application
in a project running under CGI.
[...]
What are the experiences/opinions of using these modules under mod_perl
2 on high traffic sites?

I'm currently using them on mod_perl 1, but it shouldn't matter. CGI::Application is lightweight and fast. It will not give you any trouble.

Class::DBI is significantly (about an order of magnitude) slower than hand-coded DBI objects, but saves you a lot of development time, so my current approach is to use it and replace things that end up being too slow. If you want to try something else, the developer of Rose::DB::Object has a benchmark that shows his module falling somewhere in between Class::DBI and straight DBI calls, although it's still much slower than DBI.

- Perrin