[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Perrin Harkins writes:
On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:23 +1000, Badai Aqrandista wrote:
I am using MySQL 4.1 on debian sarge. The type of the field that hold the session data is 'longtext'.
That holds a very large amount of data.  You can't be overflowing that.

Patrick Michaud pointed me off the list that i should also bump max_packet_size up.
Probably, but that will not make you lose data.

It seems that this problem occurs in peak period, so it works in thousands of hits except once or twice. So it can't be scoping issue.
It certainly can be a scoping issue, but it could also be a locking
issue.  Without seeing a test case that causes it, it's pretty hard to
guess.

Yes, that's why I am using Storable hooks to only serialize as small information as possible.
Storage of attributes in database columns should handle concurrency
better than anything using Storable because the locking and data
transfer will be more efficient.

I do believe setting the LongReadLen will fix your problem:

eval {
    tie %session, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $fdat{$SESSION_ID},
    {   DataSource => GetDSN(),
        UserName   => 'user',
        Password   => 'pwd',
        Commit     => 1,
        LongReadLen => 640000,
    };
};
Isn't LongReadLen an Oracle only extension...... I don't believe MySQL supports that.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 301.254.5198