On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 21:18 -0600, JT Smith wrote:
> I want to turn it into a workflow system. If you think about it,
> workflow is nothing but a set of transactional tasks (nothing new) with two
> additional
> components (here's where it get's weird). The two additional components are
> cron
> (scheduling) and queue (a task executor).

Earl Cahill and I talked about how to use apache for a queue system on
the list a while back.  In the end, we both decided it was a bad idea.
Apache is a very flexible network server, but this task is very unlike a
network server.  I ended up writing a simple forking daemon with
Parallel::ForkManager that stores the queue in a database, and I think
Earl ended up with something similar.

- Perrin