Foo Ji-Haw wrote:
Just went to your company web site and read that you got the White Camel
award. Congrats, both on the award and your new career!

Thanks for the kind words, Foo!

We're talking to the Director of Development here guys... :)

Hehe, don't let titles mislead you :)

BTW, we are always looking for bright people to join our team. So if you want to work in a fun team, have challenging projects and like Vancouver, BC drop me a note!

Here at mailchannels.com we have first used mp2 to handle the email
traffic shaping entirely inside mod_perl2, but the nature of our product
is so different from serving HTTP, it just won't scale (mostly
memory-wise, but also too many processes). We have now switched to having
Event::Lib (over libevent) doing all the non-blocking IO and using mp2's
protocol handler to do blocking IO (like network-bound operations). The
performance is just amazing, hardly any memory used and we can easily
handle a thousand concurrent connections on very low-end hardware.

Switching to event based flow was a challenge, since you no longer have
the normal logic flow. But we have written a few abstraction layers and
now it's almost easy. We are planning to release our AsyncIO abstraction
module on CPAN once we have some spare resources.

I highly recommend Event::Lib, at least for its wonderful maintainer:
Tassilo von Parseval, who's a great perl/C/XS expert and who is resolving
any problems with Event::Lib almost as soon as we are posting the bug
reports. I wish more CPAN authors were as responsive as Tassilo is :)

Stas Bekman mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://stason.org/
MailChannels: Assured Messaging(TM) http://mailchannels.com/
The "Practical mod_perl" book       http://modperlbook.org/
http://perl.apache.org/ http://perl.org/ http://logilune.com/