On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Peter Mogensen wrote:

Yes. But the above version is what ships with Sarge (unfortunately) due
to the API change, and I would need a very good reason to upgrade to the
new API at present. So if there was a simple explanation, which I could
solve by a slight modifictation to one of the Sarge packages, that would
be best.

Peter... sorry if I can't answer your question more directly, but I will say that running under mod_perl 1.99 at this point, whether or not your distribution ships a mod_perl 2.0, is probably unadvisable. It's unfortunate that we've had to endure an API change, but given that 1.99 was never officially branded for production use, you're going to have a harder time finding support for problems or even support for its version of the API.

Peter

Cheers,
Chase