>>>no I wouldn't downgrade to mp1 because Apache2.x is the future and
>>>someday Apache1.x will not be maintained any more.
>>

>>wow, really?
>>
>>:)
>

> Just for curiosity how long do you think Geoff Apache1.x will be
> maintained

for a very, very long time.

the largest apache-based shops still run 1.3, and many show no desire to
change from what is, for them, a versitile and super stable platform.  see,
for example, michael radwin's thoughts on apache he gave just last month at
apachecon

   http://public.yahoo.com/~radwin/talks/yapache-apachecon2005.htm

specifically slides 13-16.  if yahoo, with all it's traffic is ok with 1.3
and without thread support that's probably a clue as to how good 1.3 really
is.  and as long as there are people out there using it (especially shops
with as many resources as yahoo) I suspect there will be people out there
still hacking away at 1.3.

mind you, with both apache 1.3 and mp1 it may seem like the project is a
little stagnant, but I don't think that's the case at all - when you reach
this level of stability you don't necessarily go mucking around with it,
taking changes lightly.  but I think if there was a real bug discovered
you'd see a truckload of people jumping on it.  and in that sense, I don't
think 1.3 is going away any time soon.

> is there any official statement from Apache.org?

no, this is just my feeling as an educated observer, not a voice in any sort
of official capacity.  but I don't think an official statement of the kind
you're thinking about would ever come out of the ASF anyway.

--Geoff