On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:37:05 -0600
"Harry Zhu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Say I have a file directory with hundreds of modules, I want to know
> if there is a tool I can scan and identify the uninitalized variables
> in all the files once (or through a loop) without actually running
> through all the pages.

  Not really.  In simple situations, you could regex and find some of
  them.  But you won't find them all. Take for example:

  my $var = $self->get_var;

  Is $var initialized?  Dunno, depends on what the get_var method
  does and returns, which depends on whatever it calls, etc. You can't
  really tell except at runtime.

  But, you can just turn off this particular warning in your code by
  doing this:

  use warnings;
  no warnings qw( uninitialized );

   Frank Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>