I need to re-integrate disconnect back into Apache::DBI managed connections

my choices are either:
a- do it in some hacktastical manner that is useful only to me, but takes 20 minutes to implement b- do it as an actual reintegration/patch to Apache::DBI that others can use , but takes way longer to do

would anyone else have a use for this? if not, i'm going to do it in a craptastical way.

otherwise, i'm thinking of basically renaming disconnect to '_original_disconnect' or 'disconnect_real' , then overriding disconnect as normal. not really sure how i'd accomplish the namespace mangling, but i'll figure something out.