I'm getting another error now that I seem to have all of the packages updated.

In the webpage:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /pro/habitat.pl on this server.

In the error log:
[Sun Jul 09 03:20:35 2006] [error] [client 69.72.241.162] client denied by server configuration: /home/perl/production/habitat.pl

The config for my mp handler is:

Alias /pro/ "/home/perl/production/"
<Location /pro>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlResponseHandler Habitat::Apache2
</Location>

I think it has something to do with a confliction coming from the following modules:

LoadModule authn_file_module modules/mod_authn_file.so
LoadModule authn_dbm_module modules/mod_authn_dbm.so
LoadModule authn_anon_module modules/mod_authn_anon.so
LoadModule authn_dbd_module modules/mod_authn_dbd.so
LoadModule authn_default_module modules/mod_authn_default.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_groupfile_module modules/mod_authz_groupfile.so
LoadModule authz_user_module modules/mod_authz_user.so
LoadModule authz_dbm_module modules/mod_authz_dbm.so
LoadModule authz_owner_module modules/mod_authz_owner.so
LoadModule authz_default_module modules/mod_authz_default.so
LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so

I installed with shared all, to avoid spending hours picking and choosing,
maybe I should have spent more time. I read in one of the auth mods
that it can prevent virtual files denying access. If I remark the mods above
outright I get a syntax error stating "Order" is wrong in:

<Directory />
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

Any ideas on how I can get this working? Right now my production server
is down because of this, so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Boysenberry

boysenberrys.com | habitatlife.com | selfgnosis.com