Chris Schults wrote:
It appears that the "+" is getting stripped out at some point as the
script is returning results for "water pollution" instead of
"water+pollution". Is it possible that Apache is the culprit or should
we be looking more closely at our script or rewrite rule?

The test would be to hit /cgi-bin/script.pl? with the water+pollution keyword.

The problem is most CGI variable processors are going to replace + with a space. I doubt this is an issue with rewrite. You might need to pass the URL encoded string instead of water+pollution... That would be water%2Bpollution.

Rob