Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
>> On Jan 14, 2007, at 6:45 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>>> But it's really much easier to use CGI :)
>> There's also libapreq
>
> OK - so out of the corner of my eye, I saw the link again as the
> previous mail was being copied to my sent-mail and noticed that it said
> RequestRec::args and not Request::args.  So I put my foot in my mouth :-)
>
> As Jonathan correctly said, there's also libapreq:
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/docs/libapreq2/modules.html

Boy, I'm on a roll this morning.  The "previous email" ended up going to
Jonathan only and not to the entire list.

The important part of it [other than me incorrectly stating that
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestRec.html#C_args_ was
a link to libapreq :-)] was:

I personally never liked using CGI with mod_perl; if I'm going through
the trouble of writing optimized handlers to make my application that
much faster, why use a pure-perl solution that needs to do full parsing
in perl-land, when a lighter-weight C-based alternative is available
that takes full advantage of Apache's internal I/O handling inside the
server already?

So it's a bit of a learning curve.  So what?  You learned mod_perl's ins
and outs already - libapreq is significantly easier to grasp IMHO.

Just my (biased) $0.02,
  Issac