On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 13:02 -0600, Frank Wiles wrote:
>    Not being a MySQL guy this could be fixed now, but last I heard
>    MySQL tossed it's cache anytime the table was updated.  Not very
>    efficient IMHO.

Yes, modifying data in a table invalidates the cache for that table.
There's really no other way to do it.  If someone could create a cache
that correctly and efficiently invalidated specific rows, the database
vendors would have incorporated that into the core of their database
engines by now.

Running a cache in your application usually means you are choosing to
give back incorrect data sometimes in order to improve performance.
Databases themselves don't have that option.

- Perrin