On 4/16/07, Will Fould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am looking for next steps to growing up from this machine.  Can somebody
recommend a good article, presentation or document that advocates various
strategies to growing up the current architecture (i.e. basic load
balancing, network topology, switches, etc. )?

Have you read the book "Practical mod_perl"?  That's often a good
starting point.  http://modperlbook.org/

For an extreme case, you can read the LiveJournal story:
http://danga.com/words/2005_oscon/

You can also ready my story about eToys:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/tutorials/apps/scale_etoys/etoys.html

It sound like you're mostly looking for database scaling advice, so
you may want to check for presentations and papers related to your
database.  I know that the MySQL conference publishes lots of good
stuff every year.

- Perrin