On 5/10/07, Lionel MARTIN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If my website is made of hundreds of different pages, then, I should better
ensure that lexical variables are properly freed up.

Even if that's not good programming practive, at least, with global
variables, we are sure that the same memory locations are used across
different scripts. (which is not the case with lexical variables)

No, if the message you're getting is to use globals instead of
lexicals then you've got it all wrong.

- Use lexicals for everything, unless you actually want the value to
persist across requests.
- Don't load large amounts of data into scalars.
- Use mysql_use_result if you have to load a very large result set.
Ideally you should avoid this by using LIMIT and OFFSET.

Does that make sense?

- Perrin