On May 11, 2007, at 12:05 PM, Michael Peters wrote:

This kind of thing happens all the time. Think of SAX XML parsers or mod_perl filters. It's not terribly difficult to parse something in chunks like that.

I wasn't saying that it wouldn't be easier to have everything in memory. Heck I'd love it if I never had to read a file in line by line anymore and could just slurp them all into arrays. But knowing when to put all of something into memory
and when not to is part of being a programmer.

Okay, quick question related to this. How do I send the appropriate Content-Length
headers in a situation where I don't read all of the data into memory.

Currently, I do something like this:

my $output = "Some string";
{
        use Apache2::Response();
        use bytes;
        $r->set_content_length(length($output));
}

$r->rflush();
$r->print($output);

If I'm chunking would I re-send the Content-Length header for each chunk? I'm assuming the Bucket Brigade has something to do with this being received
by the browser okay...

Boysenberry Payne
[EMAIL PROTECTED]