Yes I'm positive. I didn't install Apache or mod_perl with the package
manager, the only thing that came packaged installed was Perl.
I just tried installing mod_perl with the package mananger anyway, it didn't
find anything to upgrade (it wanted a fresh install of it) so that's how I
know it's not already there.