On 7/20/07, Michael Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dustin D. wrote:
> I can't seem to get php 5.2.3, mod_perl 2.0.3, mysql 5.0.45, and apache
> 2.2.4 to work together.

Why do you need to do that? Normally what I've seen others do in this
situation
(and have done myself) is to have 2 separate apaches and a proxy in front
of
them to send it to one or the other.

I don't necessarily have a problem running 3 different apaches.  One issue I
have is that I also need a development environment, so that's two more
apache processes as well.  When I was using regular cgi, I only had one
server for everything, development and production, since I was making
minimal code changes and testing out under a virtual server.  Now I might be
looking at 5 different servers because of the need for differences between
dev and production due to different @INC settings, etc., and also the need
for php and mod_perl to be on their own server.  I guess I can live with
that.

With that in mind, is it possible to reuse the same apache install
directory, and just launch the different processes with different
httpd.conffiles that load the appropriate DSO's and settings?
Everything I've read
about multiple apache servers implies you need completely different install
trees, which is sorta painful when you need 5 different apaches running with
practically the same install, just a different httpd.conf to load the right
DSO.

Thanks for the help.

-Dustin