Sounds like you're doing something not-quite-right...  A 302 status code
in conjunction with a Location header should immediately redirect to the
URL in the Location header.

If you'd rather, you can try sending a normal 200 (OK) response with an
empty HTML page, and a Refresh header (something like [mp1 code, but you
should get the idea]):
    $r->header_out("Refresh"=>"0;url=http://www.mydomain.com/";);
    $r->send_http_header("text/html");
    $r->print("<HTML></HTML>");