Perrin Harkins wrote:
On 10/13/07, John ORourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My simple CMS has become a bit of a behemoth, and I want to complete its
transformation into Optimus Prime by allowing my developers to write
plug-in modules in PHP, Java etc.

The PHP and PHP::Include modules on CPAN already allow this.  Is it a
good idea to mix multiple languages like this?  I would say it's a
messy, complicated idea that will likely end in tears.  But it's there
if you really want to do it.
PHP::Interpreter seems to be perfect for the job, thanks for the pointer.

The rough plan is that this will allow me to sell my CMS to design houses whose most technical staff have just tinkered with PHP, and have heard the term "Perl" but never "mod_perl". They'll write some simple logic with it, until they need something more complex, at which point we can coach them in the Way of Perl.

cheers
John