Thanks guys. I assumed worker would save me memory because threads are
light(er)weight. I'm busy trying prefork now and my load avg seems to
have dropped slightly, but my memory usage seems to have gone up
somewhat.

Just read your comments in the archives on copy-on-write Perrin - I
had no idea it doesn't work for threads. Thanks for that!

http://www.jsw4.net/info/listserv_archives/mod_perl/07-wk22/msg00022.html

However, my original problem may still exist and I have more data now.
I noticed the number of httpd children just went up from 150 to 152
and is holding there and I also have two messages in my error log that
look like the following:

(70007)The timeout specified has expired: ap_get_brigade failed during
prefetch, referer: *snip*

I've looked at my logs going back the last 3 days and this message
appears several times over the last 3 days. It's the only message out
of the ordinary. I've googled this message before and haven't found
much of an explanation.

Have any of you seen this before? Any idea what causes it? I've
confirmed it appears whether I'm running as worker or prefork.

Thanks again for your help so far!

Mark.

--
Mark Maunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>