Hi folks,

I have a nice stable app that's been steadily maturing over 2 years, written in mod_perl from scratch. I've learned lots and currently have a dual-httpd reverse proxy/cache approach which works really well even on 'normal' size boxes - 2GB RAM, 3GHz single CPU, 32 or 64 bit.

I now want to bring down the process size and/or increased shared memory, and I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to write perl in a way that maximises shared memory - eg. can I somehow ensure my data structures are all together and not sharing memory pages with compiled code?

(I should explain that I'm dragging up memories from the days of writing 386 assembler code optimised for efficient page swapping!)

cheers
John