Carl Johnstone wrote:
I now want to bring down the process size and/or increased shared memory, and I wondered if anyone knows if it's possible to write perl in a way that maximises shared memory - eg. can I somehow ensure my data structures are all together and not sharing memory pages with compiled code?

General advice for mod_perl is to simply load as much as you can before apache forks. Beyond that you're getting into the realm of poking into perl's guts which is probably a bad idea if you want to maintain your code base in the longer term.

Carl
You can also share data in shared memory using memcached or Cache::FastMmap

Enno