Did you upgrade this machine though?  It's possible that you had a
different perl before and that Archive::Zip was compiled with it.
Finally, yesterday evening, I've fully compiled and installed Apache2, mod_perl2, Apache2::Request by myself: things are going much better and problems I had (crash of Archive::Zip or Scalar::Utils for example) have been fixed.

The only thing which is not clear for me: I've done all compilations w/ o any ARCHFLAGS nor CFLAGS export but I wonder if I shouldn't have done all of this with "-arch x86_64" instead. The 'file' command applied on mod_perl.so, for example, returns "Mach-O bundle i386": would it better (could run quicker?) if it returned "Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64" instead? Same things for the httpd binary. Certainly Mac-only related so, I agree, out of topic here :-/ ...but just in case, thank you for your advice ;-)
--
Laurent, Nantes (FR) - http://blog.lmartin.fr
Apple MacBook Pro 15"